Distribute moneys to casino guests and employees via checks cashing, conversion of coins, and gaming chips into currency. Protects company assets while dealing with the public in an efficient and courteous manner.
TYPICAL FUNCTIONS include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Takes directives from immediate Cage Shift Supervisor.
- Pays out all major jackpots.
- Processes table fills.
- Assists Shift Supervisor to verify the Casino deposit(s).
- Must be able to accurately identify and cash different denominations of gaming chips, currency, etc.
- Safeguards company assets and adheres to all Cage policies and procedures.
- Maintains and is held accountable for all funds entrusted to him/her on an assigned shift.
- Provides prompt, friendly and courteous services to all guests in a confidential manner.
- Creates teamwork by helping co-workers with essential functions.
- Balances all money transactions and paperwork.
- Transfers reports and replenishments of drawers for incoming shifts.
- Processes check casing, credit cards, jackpots, WG-2, 1042S and 1099 tax forms.
- Exchanges gaming chips for currency.
- Meets all attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
- Redeems guest’s coupons.
- Refrains from in-house gossips and safe-guards all Cage activities in a confidential manner.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Integrity / Honesty
All Taos Mountain Casino employees must operate in an ethical manner by following all Taos Mountain Casino policies and procedures relating to cash transactions, handling, tracking, and proper behavior between staff and customers. Incumbent must conduct oneself above the appearance of doing something wrong.
Customer Service / Client Orientation
All Taos Mountain Casino employees must be able to develop a clear understanding of customers’ needs and goals while maintaining clear communication with customer regarding meeting their expectations. Must follow though and respond to customer’s requests and inform them of action taken in a courteous, professional manner.
Goal and Task Management
Incumbents in this job need to be able to plan, prioritize, set goals, establish standards, coordinate tasks, show concern for deadlines, and track progress with respect to personal performance.
All Taos Mountain Casino employees must be competent in working effectively with division members and members of other divisions to resolve common issues or problems as well as listening and seeking others’ perspective on how to complete assignments. Keep others informed and up-to-date about tasks, progress, or projects.
Incumbents in this job must effectively manage and guide group efforts by providing an appropriate level of feedback to both individuals and groups regarding their performance and progress.
Incumbent in this position must be able to successfully determine and initiate a course of action. Require the consideration of multiple options, information sources, and development of contingency plans.
Interpersonal Skills (Working with Others)
Incumbents in this position must be able to communicate one's feelings, preferences, needs, and opinions in a way that is neither threatening nor punishing to another person, while at the same time recognizing effort of others and praising that effort.
Must be able to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed below are representatives of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- One to two years of casino cage cashier experience.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the Cage function and operation.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of paid in/paid out policies and procedures.
- Must have excellent guest and human relations skills.
- Must be able to work any day of the week, holidays and any shift.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must be willing to learn all phases of cage activity.
- Must be willing to participate in ongoing casino training, including but not limited to industry specific training.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Must have high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- 2 or 3 years of cashier experience and/or in handling large sums of money.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Accounting or bookkeeping background helpful.
- Proven proficiency with computers and ten (10) key adding machines with some knowledge of computer keyboard. (Must be able to enter data, read and interpret output from computer).
- Must have excellent written and communications skills.
- Multi-lingual a plus (English, Hispanic, Tiwa)
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must have a valid New Mexico Driver’s License and/or State, Tribal Government ID.
- Must be able to obtain a gaming license through Taos Pueblo Gaming Commission.
The physical demands describe here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to sit, stand or wok for long period of time.
- Must be able to respond calmly and make rational decisions, when handling guest complaints.
- Must be able to work varied shifts, weekends and holidays as required.
- Must be able to maneuver throughout all areas of the property and from floor to floor either by stairways.
- Must have the manual dexterity to operate a computer and other necessary office equipment.
- Specific vision abilities is required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to lift and carry 30 lbs.
- Must be able to tolerate a stressful and high noise level working environment