To run the slot floor to the highest standard of efficiency in accordance with the policies and procedures of Taos Mountain Casino. To perform jackpots and provide above average customer service.
TYPICAL FUNCTIONS: include the following (other duties may be assigned):
1. Punctuality: Slot Floor Attendants are expected to be on the floor at least 5 minutes before the start of the shift.
2. Attendance: Continuous absenteeism will not be tolerated as it affects colleagues and the whole operation. You must call in at least 2 hours before your shift.
3. Appearance and Personal hygiene: A high standard of appearance and personal hygiene must be maintained at all times. No facial piercing or visible tattoos.
4. Cooperation: with colleagues as well as with all other departments, is expected at all times.
1. Must ensure general security of the floor and report any undesirable activities to Slot Director, Slot Supervisor, and Manager on Duty.
2. Must ensure security and safety of all equipment and report any dangerous conditions to the Slot Director, Slot Supervisor and Manager on Duty.
3. Any machine that a Slot Floor Attendant gets called to twice for same malfunction must be reported to the supervisor or technician for repair.
4. This will ensure optimum slot machine operation by reporting any malfunctions quickly.
5. Must have a thorough knowledge of machine instructions and codes.
1. Have a complete knowledge of all property facilities available to guests.
2. Be polite at all times and pay attention to each guests’ needs.
3. Create a friendly and welcome atmosphere by facial expression, tone of voice and greeting.
4. Answer promptly any calls for assistance from guests and assist them in any way possible relating to the playing of machines.
5. Deal with questions, disputes and complaints in a diplomatic and professional manner and refer any unsettled disputes that require a large monetary amount to the Slot Director, Slot Supervisor or Manager on Duty.
Over All Responsibilities:
The Slot Floor Attendant/technician is designated to the casino floor. The responsibilities of the slot floor attendant/technician are as follows:
1. Respond to machine malfunctions.
a. Respond to tower lights.
b. Reading the error message on the machine.
c. Addressing guests concerns and explaining what you will do.
d. Performing basic tasks in the machine.
e. Floor attendant, will determine if Slot technician support is needed/radio for support.
f. Technician performs task in correcting malfunction.
g. Always remember to be roving the casino floor, do not stand still at one place for customers may need assistance.
2. Meet guest needs for jackpots payouts.
a. At Taos Mountain Casino it is the job of slot floor attendant/technician to carry out jackpots payouts for our guests.
b. Jackpot payouts will be handled with accuracy and neatness (legible) on paperwork and to be conducted with a friendly and courteous expression.
3. Maintain good guest relations.
a. Every guest deserves friendly, courteous service. While you must be professional, it’s best to use your personal style in greeting guests. Remember, each guests’ question deserves an answer. You are expected to approach guest who look confused and ask if you can help them. When a problem arises that you can’t resolve, excuse yourself from the guest and get a Slot Director, Slot Supervisor, or Manager on Duty to resolve the problem. Good guest relation ensures that guests have delightful gaming experience.
• Ability to work effectively with the public is required.
• Ability to communicate effectively, orally, and in writing is required.
• Knowledge of gaming machines is required.
• Some working knowledge of slot technician duties and minimal abilities to repair machines is required.
• Tact and good sound judgment are required.
• Strong mathematical aptitude is desired.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
• Must stay abreast of advancements in casino slot technology.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Prolonged standing and prolonged walking is required. Some bending and stooping is required.
• Must be able to repetitiously lift.
• Subject to inside environmental conditions.
• Integrity / Honesty
All Taos Mountain Casino employees must operate in an ethical manner by following all Taos Mountain Casino policies and procedures relating to cash transactions, handling, tracking, and proper behavior between staff and customers. Incumbent must conduct oneself above the appearance of doing something wrong.
• Customer Service / Client Orientation
All Taos Mountain Casino employees must be able to develop a clear understanding of customers’ needs and goals while maintaining clear communication with customer regarding meeting their expectations. Must follow though and respond to customers’ requests and inform them of action taken in a courteous, professional manner.
• Goal and Task Management
Incumbents in this job need to be able to plan, prioritize, set goals, establish standards, coordinate tasks, show concern for deadlines, and track progress with respect to personal performance.
All Taos Mountain Casino employees must be competent in working effectively with division members and members of other divisions to resolve common issues or problems as well as listening and seeking others’ perspective on how to complete assignments. Keep others informed and up-to-date about tasks, progress, or projects.
• Team Leadership
Incumbents in this job must effectively manage and guide group efforts by providing an appropriate level of feedback to both individuals and groups regarding their performance and progress.
Incumbent in this position must be able to successfully determine and initiate a course of action. Require the consideration of multiple options, information sources, and development of contingency plans.
• Interpersonal Skills (Working with Others)
Incumbents in this position must be able to communicate one's feelings, preferences, needs, and opinions in a way that is neither threatening nor punishing to another person, while at the same time recognizing effort of others and praising that effort.