SUMMARY: The Human Resources Administrative Assistant is under the direct supervision of the Human Resources Director The administrative assistant serves as a support system with its main focus assisting the Human Resources Casino/Hail Creek Travel Center/Taos Pueblo Tourism issues such as processing new hires, administering health, Dental, Vision and 401K benefits organization. The Human Resources Assistant responsible Human Resources Assistant assignments as follows:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for answering telephones, routing calls, taking messages, etc.
- Prepares written correspondence to all applicants, routes email and posts vacancies.
- Prepares EANs, purchase orders, and Change of Status Notices.
- Maintains files, creates new files for employees, transfers files from active status to inactive status.
- Assist in various employee recognition activities.
- Send out notices regarding birthdays, anniversaries, and evaluations.
- Interacts with department customers in a polite and professional manner.
- Organizes work, inputs data, types, enrolls and assists personnel in various programs and supplies/conducts inventory, may interact with outside suppliers and vendors as directed.
- May process billings and requisitions as directed.
- Maintains communications board with current memos, promotional end event collateral.
- Creates departmental newsletters/memos
- Assists in enforcement of employment practices that comply with company policies and procedures.
- Assists in referring applicants for specific job openings as authorized and coordinates with the hiring supervisor.
- Maintains awareness of the current labor market and assists in developing and maintaining effective sources and methods of obtaining applicants through community-based organizations, universities, colleges, training schools, newspaper and trade journal advertising, professional organizations and recruitment trips.
- Assists in processes of benefit enrollment, changes, including medical, dental, vision and 401k.
- Assists/coordinate new hire training and orientation.
- Assists/coordinates new hire gaming license process
- Issue and maintain locker inventory
- Plan and implement employee recognition.
- Conduct new hire and random drug screenings.
- Maintains awareness of available job promotion opportunities and informs interested employees of requirements/duties of such positions.
- Adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policy in an ethical manner.
- Maintains all employee personnel files, keeping them up to date.
- Must be open to work a flexible schedule (days, evenings/nights and weekends)
- May be requested to perform other duties as directed by management other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions. Previous experience in human resources, employment, or experience in the casino industry preferred.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Excellent organizational, data-entry, clerical, verbal and written communication skills required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen.
- Must be able to obtain gaming license.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands describe here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this job please visit taosmountaincasino.com.