Incumbents in this position are responsible for directing the advertising, public relations, guest relations, entertainment and special events for Taos Mountain Casino. Researches and directs marketing plans including creative concepts, media selection, and campaign strategies; is further responsible for creating promotional ideas and proposals. The incumbent also oversees the Guest Service booth and ensures that all promotions are set up and run properly.
- Manage overall operations of Taos Mountain Casino’s Guest Services functions.
- Work closely with the General Manager to determine market share and work to drive guests to our facility by formulating strategies that work for the Taos Market and surrounding areas.
- Work with staff to bring ideas forward that will allow for heavy traffic flow to our facility.
- Supervise the scheduling, training, and evaluation of the Taos Mountain Guest Services staff. Examine work for exactness, neatness and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Responsible for all advertising activity to include: media buys; print and magazine buys, printing of flyers, brochures and coupons.
- Coordinates all media ads to include radio and television.
- Follows required casino processes in determining competitive vendor selection.
- Physical presence generally required during major promotions in the casino.
- Constant communication with guests to ensure effectiveness of marketing strategy.
- Develops local network maximizing casino’s presence in the community.
- Maximize use of player tracking system through analyzing data and implementing new strategies.
- Effectively merge casino and tribal cultural events.
- Resolve errors, complaints, and disputes with customers or subordinates.
- Prepare composite reports from individual reports of subordinates Players’ Club files and database, coupon redemption report and cash received.
- Coordinate inventory of Guest Services Department supplies and promotional items.
- Study and standardize procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates.
- Attend and satisfactorily complete all training as assigned by supervisor or Human Resources Department.
- Maintain professional appearance and hygiene.
- Perform work assignments in accordance with Casino Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Integrity / Honesty
All Taos Mountain Casino employees must operate in an ethical manner by following all Taos Mountain Casino policies and procedures relating to cash transactions, handling, tracking, and proper behavior between staff and customers. Incumbent must conduct oneself above the appearance of doing something wrong.
- Customer Service / Client Orientation
All Taos Mountain Casino employees must be able to develop a clear understanding of customers’ needs and goals while maintaining clear communication with customer regarding meeting their expectations. Must follow though and respond to customers’ requests and inform them of action taken in a courteous, professional manner.
All Taos Mountain Casino employees must be competent in working effectively with division members and members of other divisions to resolve common issues or problems as well as listening and seeking others’ perspective on how to complete assignments. Keeps others informed and up-to-date about tasks, progress, or projects.
- Interpersonal Skills
Incumbents in this position must be able to communicate one’s feelings, preferences, needs, and opinions in a way that is neither threatening nor punishing to another person, while at the same time recognizing effort of others and praising that effort.
- Negotiation and Influence
Incumbent in this position must be competent in gaining cooperation, support, and buy-in from others inside and outside the organization.
- Team Leadership
Incumbents in this job must effectively manage and guide group efforts by providing an appropriate level of feedback to both individuals and groups regarding their performance and progress.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, or equivalent, AND at least 5 years’ experience engaged in providing either customer service or promotion for the Casino/Gaming industry; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extended working hours, including weekends, may be required.
- Must possess Class III Gaming License.
SUPERVISOR: GENERAL MANAGER
To apply for this job please visit taosmountaincasino.com.